Should you wish further information on candidates, go to:
Information on other local and federal races can be found here
Be sure to vote for BOTH local Democratic Candidates: Colleen Hinds for HD13 and Diane Magone for SD7
✅ Primary Ballots – Timelines:
• May 8 – Primary ballots go in the mail.
• May 26 – Regular registration closes. Until 5 p.m., voters may register or update an existing registration via the mail.
• May 27 – Late registration opens. New registrants or voters who want to change an existing registration must do so in person at the Elections Center by appointment. Late registration closes at noon on Monday, June 1.
• June 2 – Election Day. Same-day registration will be available, with special considerations. Ballots are due by 8 PM. Postmarks are not sufficient.
✅ Primary Election Procedures:
• Montana primaries are “open,” meaning voters get ballots for all eligible parties, but they may only vote one ballot.
• Voters should vote and return just one party’s ballot.
• Voters do not declare a party affiliation when they register, so the decision of which ballot to complete belongs solely to the voter. If a voter votes on more than one ballot, none of the votes are counted.
• Voters should
1. Seal the voted ballot into the secrecy envelope
2. Place the secrecy envelope into the large envelope
3. Sign the large envelope, seal, and return it, either in person or via the mail. Ballots on which you did not vote may be destroyed. There is no need to return them.
• A bright green flyer is included with your ballot listing the locations/dates/times where ballots may be dropped off.
• You may also mail in your ballot. Return postage is paid for this primary election.
✅ Same-day Registration
• On June 2, same-day registration will be available, but Social Distancing protocols will be in place. Call 827-6949 for an appointment and bring a mask with you.
✅ Links and Contact Information
• Sanders County Election Office: 406-827-6949; or www.co.sanders.mt.us; or
YOUR VOTE = YOUR VOICE!
✅ Other Information
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, organized citizens
can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
~ Margaret Mead
Sanders County Democrats
In pursuit of Justice, the Sanders County Democrats (hereafter referred to as SCD), will:
Promote active engagement and service on common ground issues;
Strive for unity as we provide honest and true information related to Local, State and National legislation;
Participate in coordinated efforts in elections for candidates at the Local, State, and National levels reflecting Democratic values.
Self Governance Agreements:
Support Sanders County and Its Citizens
Organizational Objectives and Structure
The previously separated Sanders County Democrats and the Sanders County Democratic Central Committee will be joined into one entity. We wish to promote the values expressed in the Montana Democratic Party Platform through social and educational means. In particular, we wish to focus our attention and effort toward achieving platform objectives in the following areas of interest:
Human and Civil Rights, that supports justice and equality of opportunity for all
Veterans Affairs, that honors and provides for active Military as well as Veterans
Public Education, that provides equitable educational opportunity and funding
Health and Human Services, that ensures quality of life for all
Public Lands, including hunting, fishing, and recreational access along with stewardship of our natural resources
Energy Policies, that promote sustainability and confronts global climate change
Good Government, that provides for needed infrastructure for community, commerce, and culture